Thanksgiving is a holiday that is about celebrating friends and family and being thankful for the many blessings in our lives. It has always been my favorite holiday! Any excuse to spend a day creating delicious food, feeding those that I love, and partaking in a mouthwatering feast is a food lover’s dream come true. Thanksgiving is also the perfect opportunity to showcase how delectable nutrient-dense, whole food can be to loved ones who may not be familiar with the Paleo lifestyle.
Since I'm back on the full Paleo autoimmune protocol (AIP), I've been scouring the Internet for AIP-friendly recipes to serve at my own Thanksgiving dinner table. It is absolutely possible to serve a delicious Thanksgiving meal while staying within the AIP guidelines. This year, I'm sharing my top recipe picks in an effort to make your holiday planning a bit easier. All of these recipes are compliant with Paleo AIP.
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!
1. Spiced Apple Wassail by Civilized Caveman Cooking
2. Sparkling Coconut Ginger Soda by Grazed and Enthused
3. Pumpkin Spice "Na"atte by Slightly Lost Girl
4. Apple Cider Soda by Elana's Pantry
5. Bacon Wrapped Dates by the Paleoista
6. Garlic Mushroom Kabobs by Damn Delicious
7. Savory Pumpkin Dip by Meatified
8. Balsamic Glazed Meatballs by Primal Palate
9. Rosemary Apple Turkey by Amazing Paleo
10. Duck Fat Roasted Turkey by Primal Palate
11. Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk by Coconuts and Kettlebells
12. Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Bacon by Melanie Makes
13. Apple Cranberry Holiday Stuffing by Autoimmune Paleo
14. Simple Homemade Cranberry Sauce by Real Food Kosher
15. Paleo Gravy by Zenbelly (Omit the white wine)
16. Rainbow Roasted Root Vegetables by Autoimmune Paleo
17. AIP Pumpkin Pie by AIPLifestyle
18. Pumpkin Moose by the Paleo Partridge
19. Pumpkin Spice Macaroons by He Won't Know It's Paleo (AIP-friendly)
20. Autoimmune Paleo Apple Crisp by The Curious Coconut